Re: [NTLK] Why not maximize your Newton experience?

From: Daniel Jones (dan_at_jonesonline.us)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 10:30:51 PDT

> Anyway, right now, I like the form factor of
> the old MP100 over-and-above the 2x00 series > - smaller, and almost identical to the Palm
> IIIs, albeit bigger. In fact, the flat stylus of
> the MP100 reinforces the perception that
> it is a remedial Palm - something you
> use in kindergarten

I loved my MPIOO! Its form was superior to the 2x00 - smaller and more durable (I dropped it countless times without worry)
I'll probably pick up another sometime to be an answering/fax machine. For me, the HWR was very good. Sure it doesn't have the smarts of my 2000u but the MPIOO served me very well and heIped me to introduce 100's of people to the Newton.
Palm-Schmalm! Newton Forever! Or until I can't find any more parts for mine :)
Maybe I'm stubborn about the things I like. Newtons & old Saabs. In my eyes, both are best of form with slight quirks that both endear & offer opportunity to overcome with knowledge.

Dan