Re: [NTLK] Duo and Newton

From: Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail (izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 12:12:50 PDT

> I am not sure about internet feed through to the Newton but I
> recommend getting an old Ethernet card, modem card or a wifi card to
> connect to the Internet with your Newt and only using the Duo 2300 to
> sync.

How exactly does the newton connect to the internet?

I am sorry if these are stupid questions but indulge me.

Let's see you mentioned three options
An ethernet card. So can I share my internet connection from one
computer (a mac in this case, although irrelevant) to the newton?

Modem card. I guess this would mean a connection through the phone line
and Internet Service Provider. I have ADSL on a USB modem.

WIFI.
I know little about this but as far as I know this wireless internet,
in which case I need some sort of base station.

I have an emac with OSX are any of these options available to me and my
newton?

I need the duo for syncing with my newton, so I was contemplating the
purchase of a duo 2300 with duo dock as they are not terribly
expensive.

Alex