Re: [NTLK] Duo and Newton

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 14:31:52 PDT

You could get a modem and another internet plan - though I doubt you
would wish to do so.

You could get an ethernet card for the newton - then connect it to the
emac, and have the eMac share it's usb-adsl connection to the newton
from it's ethernet jack,

Or you could get a wireless base station - and a wireless internet card
for the newton. (if your eMac has an airport card you may not need the
base station). You would likely share the internet connection on your
eMac to the base station via the eMac's ethernet jack - and then
connect to the base station from the newton via it's wireless card.

Wireless cards require Hiroshi's shareware driver, modems and ethernet
cards tether you down, but the software to run them should be freely
available. All three (modem, ethernet, and wifi cards / serial boxes)
will shorten battery life significantly (not terribly, but noticable)
on the newton.

J Tyler Nichols