Re: [NTLK] Art of Newton

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 08:39:06 PDT

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 08:16:08AM -0700, LAG wrote:
> HI IS THIS DONE WITH THE CHECKLIST IN NOTEPAD OR AR YOU USING A
> DIFFERENT PROGRAM FOR THIS FUNTIONALITY?
>
> LAG
>

> "Peter H. Coffin" <> wrote On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:07:24AM -0500, :
> nelson wrote :
> > Hi Dave I use my newton 130 at work. I use it to keep a base line
> > set of setting for the machines i run. I dont usually run them so
> > when i need to set one up, i have my newton there to help. Just got
> > a 2100, its needs a screen cover before it goes to work.
>
> Mine gets heavily used for tracking lists of things, especially
> passwords in geeksafe. Other lists are "Books I need to find at used
> book stores" and "movies I need to purchase for cheap", plus the
> Eternal Grocery List. This is a massive heirarchical checklist that
> lists everything I may want from a grocery store. When I notice an
> item needful at home, the item gets unchecked, and the uncheckedness
> quality cascades up through the nesting to indicate at the top level
> that there's something I need buried in the section. So, a lack
> of check on "Cans & Bottles Aisle" means I should drill down into
> "Juices" and see that "Cranberry Juice" needs replacing. Checking off
> the last item in a sublist completes the parent up as far as I've got
> everything on that section of the list.

Notepad functionality only. I keep wondering if I might use more
function were it available, and realizing I probably couldn't be arsed
to keep it up. I can't even be bothered with coupons that aren't part of
a loyalty card or come from a dispenser in front of the product.

--
76. If the hero runs up to my roof, I will not run up after him and struggle
    with him in an attempt to push him over the edge. I will also not engage