Re: [NTLK] Art of Newton

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 14:38:28 PDT

Hi Jon

I think that such a project has to be part of WikiWikiNewt as this is
one of the key sources of information about Newts. I agree though that
it could be elsewhere as well. I am not that technically conversant to
know whether you can mirror 2 Wiki's, I'm sure someone on the list will
know the answer to that question. I am assuming that you could
therefore just set-up a site (Wiki) to allow people to add their own
narrative descriptions rather than having people email their
contributions to someone and then they post them on-line or make it
into a Newton Book?

Perhaps you could even produce something to use as a promotional tool -
say send extracts to appropriate computer magazines to show just how
the Newt has developed and what people are able to do. I would make an
interesting article in Pen Computing or similar magazine to compare the
latest handhelds with the Newt and see just how it stacks up.

Regards

Dave
Aotearoa New Zealand