[NTLK] Newton eBooks and screen sizing

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 07:08:18 PDT

Hello Allan, et al:
I create most Newton eBooks in the MP Landscape mode. In the case of
children's books, I use the eMate mode, and I typically choose a larger font size, to
make it easier for children to read. One problem with changing the font
sizing is that the entire eBook must then be reformatted, so that chapter titles
start at or near the tops of pages, and so that "orphan" text is reduced.

I have thought about switching to the "other" program to make eBooks
(BookMaker?), but I don't know squat about it. I have kept the formatted .rtf and
NP! files that I used to create the NewtonPress books; it would be nice if I
could send these files on to somebody who is knowledgeable with BookMaker, for
the final conversion process. (Any takers?)

Matt K.