Re: [NTLK] Introductions and Cigarette Modems

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 09:46:49 PDT

Steele Campbell wrote:

> I have infact cleared it with my ISP, they have a number specifically
> reserved for "...&^%$ing slow connections..." as the associate told me
> and I remember using it with my MP110. Now I just need to find one of
> 'em. There was one on eBay but it was in a whole auction for a H1000
> and a bunch of stuff I just didn't need ;) (wanted, yes; needed, no).

Hmm most ISP's I have dealt with don't have a minimum speed and all
modems can use a slower speed, unless set otherwise. So if you can't I
would think that they would lower the minimum if you asked. Glad you
found out they will do so.

As for where to get it, I often see them on ebay. Just keep searching
for "newton modem" and you will see one.

-Dan