Re: [NTLK] Emates .. horsepower vs. operating system

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 10:31:46 PDT

    But help me knock around this question... you have the Newton 2000
> and the Emate, both with OS 2.1. What does that extra horsepower really
> let the N2000 do over the Emate?
>
> (Wish the Emate had two PCMCIA slots... that would rock.)
>
> And WAS THERE EVER A PROCESSOR SPEED UP FOR THE EMATE?

Well I can tell you that a emate is slower when doing speech to text
(aka having it read a book to you). And you need to dial back the
speach to text speed a bit or it "studers". And with a MP2x00 it is
never a problem. Or at least it never has been for me.

As for a processor speedup, there was never one sold comercialy that I
am aware of. I am sure though that someone somewhere at some point did
a speed up hack by replacing the crystals.

-Dan