Re: [NTLK] Euro filing reveals Apple 'handheld computer'

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 02:48:42 PDT

On Aug 14, 2004, at 1:35 AM, Vaguely Radio wrote:

> It could indeed. Of course these rumours have been around for ages. I
> think initial response to a Tablet would be less stellar than the
> response if Apple came up with a whole new PDA operating system (in the
> nascent market for PDA operating systems, it would be risky but not
> probably as risky as the introduction of Newton OS was in the 90's).

Personally, I think a computer like the OQO stands a better chance of
doing well. The key, however, IMO, is to be able to "scale" the OS to
fit the handheld display, and to switch to operate via the stylus. I
don't think it's impossible, but it would take some serious
design--design that would, IMO, ideally be based on the NOS. but that's
me. I am probably weird. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland