Re: [NTLK] Apple PDA dreams

From: Jakob Peterhänsel (jakob_at_hjemme.dk)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 09:47:01 PDT

Den 15. aug 2004, kl. 4:35, skrev Jim Witte:

> What about a true 'digital hub?' Think Newton+Wifi controlling
> Airport express, and running iTunes from the Mac in the corner, *and*
> doubling as a remote for that stereo (and the TV/VCR, etc).
>
> Jim

Can you say "Control iTunes" ??

I don't know where people get the 'control Airport Express' idea from,
but there is Nothing to control there! All you can control is the
Basestation settings(via SNMP), and they need rebooting in order to
take effect!

Now, you want to control iTunes (via Remote AppleScript) and you can
allready do that!

I know, I know.. we lack WiFi&AppleScript in our Phones and PDA's...
but that's another story!

Jakob Peterhänsel
Network Consultant
Tel: +45 7022 1014