[NTLK] Newton & iTunes

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 07:13:22 PDT

On Aug 15, 2004, at 11:47 AM, Jakob Peterhänsel wrote:

> Den 15. aug 2004, kl. 4:35, skrev Jim Witte:
>>
>> What about a true 'digital hub?' Think Newton+Wifi controlling
>> Airport express, and running iTunes from the Mac in the corner, *and*
>> doubling as a remote for that stereo (and the TV/VCR, etc).
>>
>> Jim
>
> Can you say "Control iTunes" ??
>
> I don't know where people get the 'control Airport Express' idea from,
> but there is Nothing to control there! All you can control is the
> Basestation settings(via SNMP), and they need rebooting in order to
> take effect!
>
> Now, you want to control iTunes (via Remote AppleScript) and you can
> allready do that!

can we?

is there a way to control itunes from the newton?

i have tried Soybo, but it doesn't work with the newton yet. i have
tried webRemote and it doesn't work either.

how hard would it be to write a newton-specific web serverlet that
conforms to the newt's screen size, resolution, and speed of the
newton's processor?

Tom I.