Re: [NTLK] Slowdown.exe Not Necessary?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 04:54:10 PDT

On Aug 29, 2004, at 9:45 AM, Steele Campbell wrote:

> Yes, I have backed up my Newton without Slowdown running. The only
> thing I haven't tried is importing/exporting and synchronizing with
> some other PIM applications.

OK, impressed... :-) Too bad this issue with serial port settings isn't
so easy to fix. I can imagine it would be a blessing to not have to run
Slowdown.exe for all Windows users.

I wonder if it would be possible to write some kind of app that
monitored the activity of the serial port, and then adjusted setting
automatically, based on feedback, so that NCU can run without problem
and without Slowdown.exe...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland