Re: [NTLK] Possibilities of NTLK having been a presentation platform?

From: Mike Detlefsen (mdetlefsen_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 11:19:34 PDT

On Monday, August 30, 2004, at 12:52 PM, Dale A. Raby wrote:

> I looked at a Palm yesterday that had quite a few features that were
> interesting... among them a digital camera... but it still did not have
> decent handwriting/text recognition. Graffitti was the operative word.

I'll have to disagree here. I have a Palm Tungsten E that I use for my
portable databases that I need synced with my desktop. Graffiti II is
very good. I can write as fast with it as with the Newt 2K, with as
good results.The only thing I miss is the word-based recognition that
will pop up alternative spellings when I want them. Graffiti II is much
improved as compared to the version that came with early Newts and
Palms.

My 2 cents worth.

Warning! When I started my professional career as a designer, I spent
years as a design drafter using pencil and paper. My hand printing was
very good.

Mike