Re: [NTLK] connecting to pc

From: NewtonMP - Paul Curtis (paul.curtis_at_newtonmp.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 08:18:03 PST

Paul,

Are you connecting it to an Intel PC or a Mac PC?

It sounds like you have a newer Intel PC without the legacy serial port. The
Parallel port will not work so you will need to get a Serial to USB
converter connector and connect the Newton to the Serial side and then plug
the USB side into your PC. I have pictures of this setup if someone wants to
post them... Now that you have the physical connection your nightmare only
begins...

If indeed you have an Intel PC, abandon the serial approach and buy an
external iR port to attach to your pc and then download from www.40hz/org
these files and install; Neo, Nitro and ntox. This solution will save you
from chronic heartburn, almost fatal stress and countless wasted hours
trying to get serial to work.

If on the other hand you're using a MAC PC, completely disregard my comments
as the closest I come to knowing anything about MAC is either the Newton or
Michigan Agriculture College, founded 1854.

Regards,

Paul Curtis
MP 110/120 v1.3/120 v2.0/130/2100 x 3/NotePhone
www.NewtonMP.com (coming soon)
Go Green! Go White! Michigan State Spartans