Re: [NTLK] Best 3Com X-jack Ethernet Card?

From: Till (till_k_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 14:07:58 PST

Am Sonntag, 01.02.04 um 21:58 Uhr schrieb shannon johnson:
> I'm looking at replacing my 3Com 3C589D ethernet card with an 3Com
> X-jack
> card. I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find an answer
> for:
> Are the any Newton related differences between models 3cxe589dt,
> 3cxe589et,
> and 3cxe589ec? And which is works best or are they all similar?

I have a 3CXE589DT and a 3CXE589ET. When I insert the 3CXE589ET, a
window pops up where AppleTalk can be activated/deactivated for the
card. With the 3CXE589DT, this does not happen (I have to change
settings in Options when I need to), in fact, the Newton shows no
visible reaction at all. I prefer the 3CXE589DT because the pop-up
window annoys me :) Performance-wise I did not notice any difference
between the two cards.
HTH
Till

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html