Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Nightmare help!!

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 14:07:51 PST

Hi Peter

I have all the relevant packages and drivers installed. When I put the
card in, the lights on the card's connector briefly light up. the
Newton seems blissfully unaware of its existence though and no slip
appears. The card is listed when I go to Preferences and when I set-up
a new Internet connection.
Is there a way to test the card to make sure it is a good one? Are
there any drivers that I have missed (have the Atlan8 ones installed)?
What does the 61001 error mean? Why does the Chooser fail when I have
the card selected through Preferences Apple Talk but not when I have
nothing selected through Preferences? Do I have to have Apple Talk
selected in both OSX and OS9?
I think that if all else fails, that I might revert to a serial
connection and not use nSync or NewTen. I can install packages over
serial through NCU and nSync keeps screwing up the appointments times
anyway.

Cheers

Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html