[NTLK] A Newton! I've seen one.

From: Jack Burks (dumbstart_at_satx.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 12:30:34 PST

I was watching the Sci-fi Channel's marathon of the Outer Limits today and
sure enough, an episode set far into the future, dealt with an astronaut
returning from a mission to Venus. Strangely enough (like most episodes of
The Outer Limits) everyone had died, and they were questioning the one
survivor. The stenographer sitting silently in the corner was taking notes
using a Newton 2k with a keyboard and attached thru a dongle. It's always
strange how media uses the Newton as some uber device of the future even
though it's no longer around. I wonder if anyone has ever seen one and
thought, "Wow, that's incredibly cool, it even has a full-size keyboard."

It would be great to have a listing of Newton sightings in TV and Movies.
I'm sure there has to be numerous times the Newton has appeared, it would
just be great to see it used in trying to fool people into thinking it's
from the future.

Has anyone else had an encounter with the green?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html