Re: [NTLK] URL's registered and plans for such

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 14:09:33 PST

> Why does it have to involve money though? These companies are no longer
> making anything off software they abandoned anyway, hence it being
> abandonware ...

Just because we consider it to be "abandoned" doesn't necessarily mean
the owner would agree. An owner has every right to withhold software
from distribution, or discontinue development, or whatever else without
completely giving up the rights to it. Money might help that process
along.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html