Re: [NTLK] URL's registered and plans for such

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 15:01:14 PST

        Many times you'll be told that it's a liability issue: if a software
package that they once sold melts your OS X Address Book, then the user
could conceivably sue them. In other cases, the developer has lost the
code. In the case of EEtransfer, which I posted about within the last
two weeks, I don't think anyone knows anything about the product, let
alone if the code is still around...

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 01:00 PM, David M. Ensteness wrote:

> Or an updated version of WildCat so that PocketMoney can sync in Mac OS
> X ...
>
> Why does it have to involve money though? These companies are no longer
> making anything off software they abandoned anyway, hence it being
> abandonware ...
>
> On Feb 4, 2004, at 12:55 PM, Jack Burks wrote:
>
>> I wonder if members of the group would be willing to donate money to
>> get
>> software released as Open Source. I

<snip>

>> Me personally, I'd love to see a version of Pocket Quicken that would
>> actually sync with my Newton. What sweet days those would be.

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html