Re: [NTLK] Escale -28009 errors

From: David Schultz (evil_genius_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 19:46:56 PST

at one point, Paul Guyot at pguyot_at_kallisys.net typed out:

> Well, you're right. It's been a while since we want to release a new
> updated version of Escale. However, Nicolas, Michael and I are not
> working full time on this project or on Newton projects in general.
> We also have jobs, family, friends, other activities and need to
> sleep from time to time.

Maybe it would be best if no development is being done on it to take it
down, then? Feedback seems to be it doesnąt work.

No one appreciates the hard work and scope of trying to write a free
software package for a (pardon me) discontinued computing platform, than the
list members here myself included. But my experience was so poor I'm going
to just give up on OS X newton connectivity.

I tried for quite some time and cannot get it to work with panther or
jaguar. I posted last night that I was able to get a package installed but
it was only after force quitting Escale, which never reported a successful
install. It was very frustrating, as I had worked out the foolishness fairly
early with my firewall and NPDS software.

Can anyone point to a web resource for successful connections using Panther
10.3.2?

Thank you

DVS

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html