Re: [NTLK] Need a new backlight

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 21:15:18 PST

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:07:24AM -0500, Calvin Grier wrote:
> 5) I'll admit to never having attempted to reverse engineer the EL backlight
> circuit in the Newton. However, the white backlight I'm selling gives off
> 70% of the light of the original Apple backlight and uses the same amount of
> battery power. Our White EL backlight was designed to replicate the
> electrical properties of the Apple original so no other modifications are
> necessary. White is also more eye-pleasing - how many green paper notebooks
> have you ever purchased?

Honestly, I kinda want a red backlight rather than a white one. I do
like night vision, and have done some rather odd things to maintain it,
to the point of finding red bulbs for my car's dome-light, and having
red bulbs in my study. (I'm a freak, but I'm confortable with my
freakishness...) So, I'll probably be one of the experimenting sorts
when it comes time to replace the green foil...

--
2. My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html