Re: [NTLK] simple mail I mean Mail V!

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 22:48:51 PST

On Friday, February 6, 2004, at 09:54 PM, David M. Ensteness wrote:

> Actually Qwest bought out US West which was a Baby Bell [Northwestern
> Bell]

        Close: Pacific Nothwest Bell merged with Northwestern Bell and
Mountain States Telephone to become US West. Did I mention I used to
work there?

> and they have 13 states ... HQ is in Denver. A company of 6,000
> bought a company of 60,000 and ran it into the ground before the jerk
> got kicked out. Its a sick story ...

        And you wouldn't believe what it was like from within the belly of the
beast...

> But to stay on topic, I am pretty sure they support IMAP, used to use
> em as an ISP.
>
> David

        Go to <http://my.qwest.net/nav4/acct_tools/basic_roaming.html> and
look about a fifth of the way down the page. You'll see a grid with
telephone access numbers and SMPT mail server addresses. Note that
every single server begins with "POP" and the name of the city that it
services. No listings for IMAP there, and there are only two listings
which IMAP which show up on the search engine for the site--neither of
which helped. If you can find an IMAP server I can use I'll be happy
to do so, otherwise I'll be deleting Mail V from my Newton and
switching over to Simple Mail...

> On Feb 6, 2004, at 7:15 PM, Bruce E. Durocher II wrote:
>
>> Qwest.net is still POP on all it's mail servers as far as I was able
>> to tell in ten minutes checking their website. They are the old "Baby
>> Bell" for Washington, Oregon and Idaho, and they may involve Colorado
>> and Montana as well.

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html