[NTLK] OT Palm & PocketPC developers on list

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 04:16:44 PST

I've been e-mailing this to various companies that make stuff for the Palm
and PocketPC (many are ex-Newton as well.) Any subscribers whose company
fits the description is free to contact me privately.

-----

To whom it may concern,

I am a professional in the field of environmental science/industrial
hygiene/safety, and am presenting a new course at a global conference in
Atlanta, GA on May 9, 2004.

See course listing here:
http://www.aiha.org/aihce04/pdcsunday.htm#sunam     course number is 501
"Advanced PDA Techniques"

The focus of the talk is related to data collection, databases, editing of
desktop documents, GPS, instrument connectivity and other more 'advanced'
topics.

What I am looking for is any item(s) you may wish to send me, be it either
hardware, software, or even a discount coupon. What I like to do is make my
presentations more fun and 'audience participation friendly', and I usually
have goodies of some sort. I find that giving out things to the audience
(even candy bars for the correct answer) keeps attendees alert, interested,
and they usually stay for the whole talk!

As your company produces items related to the PDA world (and I am just
concentrating on Palm and PocketPC, no Symbian, no Blackberry, Newton, etc.)
I would greatly appreciate anything you might care to donate for a
handout/door prize.

If that is not possible - and I can truly appreciate that - if there are any
brochures (60 students expected) you would like to ship to me I would use
these on a literature table in the meeting room.

Sincerely

Mark Lee Rollins, CIH, CSP
Environmental Manager
Thermo Electron