Re: [NTLK] OT: audio/voice conferencing on the internet

From: gooddog_at_interlync.com
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 04:43:27 PST

On Feb 8, 2004, at 2:35 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> Why not? I use it all of the time and it's excellent. Basically just
> enter the IP address of the other party and away you go. Mind that if
> you use a router that you have to open the ports for Squidcam...
> Much better audio quality compared to iChat AV in my experience.

He has a router and I have airport. How do we get my settings set for
Squidcam? We're having a very difficult time. Does airport serve the
same function as a router? Our dsl runs through it.

We're also not clear what to enter into the field for connection for
Squidcam. The manual and other instructions are not very good. Is it
the IP address or the WAN address or what? Squidsoft is not making
this an easy process in our eyes. Any tips you have I'd really
appreciate.

Initially Squidcam seemed great, but we are experiencing just the most
aggravating times getting this set up. We're going to try again this am
(Chicago time), so if you get this and can reply that'd be great. If
not, we'll be going at next weekend anyway.

One thought is to have him get Panther and we could use the Audio
conferencing on that instead. Did I mention he has my old iBook
(original, blue)? It's not set up to do video because of the
processor-too slow. We thought it would be better if he worked off his
faster PC for SquidCam. Maybe not.

Thanks.

Mark

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html