Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 01:15:02 PST

Dear Jon,

I was only expressing my opinion, I don't have to make anything “Fly”.
Because unless you have inside information, your previous statements
where your opinion and not the gospel truth.
You can try to justify it due to
> development costs, etc, but really, that doesn't fly. The only
> justification
> that Apple has is marketing... That's financial, but on the different
> side
> of the equation. One can look at tons of developers, both large and
> small,
> which support multiple layers of the Mac OS. All of them, however,
> have a
> vested interest in keeping this compatibility, for marketing reasons.
> Apple,
> on the other hand, using a short-sighted marketing model, sees
> marketing
> benefits in going the opposite direction, by locking out all older
> versions.

Recent trend? Steve Jobs as been back at Apple since the mid Nineties,
I suppose it depends on your definition of recent, and the water here
is nice and cool, just sitting by the pool side with my friend Panther
; )

> This is a recent trend at
> Apple since Jobs returned... We will see how long this continues, and
> I hold
> to my analogy of boiling the frog. How's the water, dude? ;-)

Short sighted? If you had bought Panther, you could use the latest
version of Safari, use Expose, File Vault, the new version of Mail.
Omniweb 5 looks very good, but is still a very buggy Beta. I have no
doubt Omni Group will have a full release as soon as possible, but it
may still be months. Jon if you had started saving your pennies (£1.70
a week) when you bought Jaguar then we wouldn't be having this
conversation because you would be using Panther dude ; )

> BTW, I say short-sighted, because I am now looking seriously at Omni
> Web as
> a replacement for Safari, and honestly speaking, I'm quite impressed...
> --
> Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland

Anyway that is all I have to say on this matter. Finally just incase
your friend hasn't informed you, I have spoken to him and he wants to
take the Mac, I will get it posted as soon as I can find a box big
enough, I hope he has fun and finds it useful.

Kindest regards dude,

Anil K Solanki
UK

“Up to date and paid for, because it's easier.”

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html