[NTLK] Okay, Newtonscript, I give up.

From: Jack Burks (dumbstart_at_satx.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 02:35:01 PST

I keep thinking to myself, this should be easy (as easy as someone who
develops programs for the love of it, not because I'm actually good at it)
and I'll have new versions of all my programs uploaded by the end of the
week. This is just not the case, if I understood how to actually add soups,
and write to them, and read from them, and create them only once during the
first run of a program, and do it without wasting anymore of my time.

I am using RegUnionSoup during the ViewSetupFormScript of the main layout,
create a union soup using GetUnionSoup, place a cursor with a nil Query
(for the moment I'm just setting one entry), and if the value of the query
is nil, then I'm going to set it to an initial value of one. This value of
one is the number of levels completed.

Later on I use the cursor on the GetUnionSoup (saved as theSoup) to update
to the new value of the levels completed. Yeah, I've got problems. Anyone
able to shed some light?

RegUnionSoup(kAppSymbol,{name: "High Scores",userName:"High
Scores",ownerApp:kAppSymbol,ownerAppName:kAppName,indexes:{structure:'slot,p
ath:'levels,type:'int}})

Thanks for reading,

Jack Burks

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html