Re: [NTLK] HWR problems in MoreInfo?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 23:00:56 PST

on 2/21/04 9:00 PM, David Ensteness at denstene_at_mac.com wrote:

>> 2) Occasionally I'll write a word in a meeting slip and it will simply
>> evaporate without being recognized. At first I thought they might be
>> landing in a different field, but I've never found any of these
>> vanished words.
>> I haven't seen these things happen anywhere other than in MoreInfo.
>
> This I have happen but I have had it happen in a wide variety of applications.
> It seems that many applications with fields act this way.

This is a phenomenon of writing in fields... This is because fields have a
"ceiling." Write above that ceiling, and your handwriting doesn't get
recognized at all...

The best way to prevent this is to write, centering your writing over the
line in the field, rather than writing on top of the line. It's hard to
explain, but I hope I'm clear enough...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland