Re: [NTLK] Newton Anniversary Teaser

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 20:55:43 PST

Yup, your DNS is down again:
nslookup www.digitalinkwell.net
Server: intcache02.uu.net
Address: 153.39.50.42

*** intcache02.uu.net can't find
www.digitalinkwell.net: Non-existent host/domain

I tried through several other caching servers and
can't get anywhere. You may want to set your DNS to 24
hours so that caching servers can hold your IP longer
instead of having to rely on your domain server for
every connection..

And that's probably why some people can still get to
it...their caching server is probably caching longer.
If we can find out what caching server those people
are using, then we can all set ours to theirs and we
can see the site via domain...but I can get to it by
IP so that's not necessary.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Daedalus <daedalus_at_digitalinkwell.net> wrote:
> Hrmmph . . .
>
> Something keeps knocking my DNS server offline.
> Should be working again
> now, but the way things have been going, I can't
> guarantee much.
>
> We do have a fixed IP (SDSL line) through
> Speakeasy.net. Address is
> 216.27.183.183. I'm running everything myself, tho
> (DNS, web server, etc.)
>
> Bizzare. Been using it for more than a year with no
> such problems until now!
>
> >Adding Chore Technologies(TM) to the Newton?
> >I'd really like that. If it's not, I may have to
> deface the site.
>
> Sure, kick a guy when he's down!
>
> Daedalus
> http://www.digitalinkwell.net/

=====
In 1913, Lee De Forest was prosecuted by U.S. government officials
for claiming to potential investors that his company, RCA, would soon be
able to transmit the human voice over the Atlantic Ocean. The
prosecuting officials argued that his claim was so utterly ridiculous
that he was surely ripping off investors. He was ultimately released
but not before being admonished by the judge to stop making any more
fraudulent claims.