Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 12:47:23 PST

Dude, I don't want to know you off your soapbox or anything, but I have
some things I have to say here. First, and I don't intend to be mean,
but you're only 15. While youth is inclined to seeing things a bit
differently (pardon the pun), your perspective is far too limited.
Panther is light years beyond OS9 and XP, et. al. If you don't like it,
learn to program (now, I mean now, it's never too early to start) and
change it. If you don't want to learn programming on OSX then try linux.
If you start programming now, and get really good, you'll be able to
write your own OS from scratch when you're 18 and know everything. ;-)

  Panther is only the third revision of what is essentially a brand new
OS, of course there are going to be teething problems, but things will
only get better. The Macintosh wasn't really good (OK its was always
really good, but not really great) until System 7. Imagine what things
will be like when we have 10.7.0 running on our G8s!

Second, as far as your love of fruity apples goes, the new iPod comes in
four fruity flavors besides the boring gray that you mentioned.

-Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html