[NTLK] Earthlink, serial and slip

From: Robert Wright (rwright730_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 06:03:41 PST

Does earthlink support slip connections?
I am trying to send and receive email through a keyspan serial adapter with
mail V, 10.3.2 and an mp2100. I have NIE2.0 and all the packages installed
except local talk and ethernet. The serial adapter works in X and Classsic.

From the reading I have been doing, it does not seem like panther can share
an internet connection through the serial port. Is this true? When I try
to connect all I get is ³Could not resolve Ip address smtp.mac.com². I
donıt think I am connected therefore, although mail goes through its slip
connection routine.

Therefore ethernet is the only way to connect to the internet through a
computer? I donıt have a modem for the newt.

Hey that wireless card will be here soon...unless it is the wrong one:(

Robert Wright

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html