[NTLK] Beaming TO PocketPC

From: John Osborne (tooz_at_oceanatlas.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 09:51:52 PST

I impressed my Windows buddies on the ferry yesterday by accepting Beams from
an Hitachi PocketPC/cell phone. I have Eckhart's Neo/Nitro/IC/VC packages
installed. What worked:

Text files: Shows up in Notes
Address Book entry: all fields show up in Newton Address Book
Calendar Entry: All fields except invitees show up in Newton Calendar

However, nothing (text, address book, calendar entry) seems to work going the
other way. The Pocket PC recognizes that the Newton is sending but then the
Newton kind of just "hangs up". We have tried all combos of send/receive on
both the Newton and the PC.

I was well on my way to making some Newton converts until the we discovered
that beaming seems to be only one way. Does something need to be installed on
the Pocket PC? Any suggestions?

oz

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html