Re: [NTLK] How-to use ResEdit to make NTK sound resources

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 14:54:55 PST

Well, it's pretty easy to use Apple's SoundAdvice NTK project example as a
starting point to make Newton Sounds.

There are newer "better" prototypes and functions available in NOS 2.1 that
can make for a higher quality sound experience. That's actually my interest,
since I'd like to be able to play "background" music on the Newton even a
playlist as I work without affecting the overall performance of the unit.
Using NOS 2.1 sound compression and taking full advantage of the Voyager
sound chip should provide music without much slowdown in other applications.

Has anyone had experience using MadMax while doing other tasks on the
Newton?