Re: [NTLK] Mail V problems:

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 12:06:22 PST

On Feb 27, 2004, at 9:41 AM, James Nichols wrote:

> a few recurring problems with Mail V:
>
> For unknown reasons, whenever I connect to mac.com email account (which
> is NOT my primary email in mail V) and there is NO new mail - mail V
> 'downloads' the information for the newest email again (i'm in browse
> mode, not download mode) leaving me with duplicate entries on my
> newton.

Interestingly it does the exact same thing for me... I thought this
was my issue. Perhaps not?
> At seemingly random times - I will open an email and have mail V
> download it's contents - but end up with a blank email (no, I didn't
> forget to check the 'parts' button to see if it really was html not
> text in said email), if this happens any email I try to open (that
> wasn't already downloaded to the newt) ends up the same way - until I
> restart the newton.
I think this has something to do with switching back and forth from
Browse mode to download mode....

> This isn't too bad - except that it would be nice to have a
> 're-download' option in mail V, so I can force it to re-get the email
> from the server.

There is a resync button in the owner setup/mailv config dialog.
> If I am NOT connected to my email servers, and open an unread email
> (again, in browse mode) from my secondary (mac.com) email account, mail
> V connects to my primary email (a .edu account) and then 'downloads' a
> blank email as described above.

Thanks for sharing, I have seen most if not all the issues you
describe, still Mail V works incredibly well for me...

Great Job Simon!!!!!

Thanks!!
Marty