[NTLK] How can I get my phone to act as IR modem?

From: nturnage1_at_satx.rr.com
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 21:54:09 PST

OK. I know at least one of you out there has gotten their Sony
Ericsson T616 to work as an infrared modem, and I am now
seeking info on how to do exactly that. I have never been strong in
networking/modems/etc so I am asknig those that have tried to
tell me what settings I need to make on the phone and the Newton
to get these things talking 'internet' so I can check my mail and
news on the road.

I tried asking the "customer service monkees" at AT&T to help me,
but my chimpansee is a little rusty.

Help me... help me... ...

-ANte