Re: [NTLK] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 07:46:12 PST

On 24-feb-04, at 7:51, Jim Witte wrote:
> It's sad when I click on a menu in Panther and it *still* takes at
> least 0.1 second to pop up. With computers as fast as they are now in
> terms of raw Mhz, I expect simple GUI operations to be absolutely
> instantaneous.

Though I think this subject ran it's course by now I had to chime in on
this one, if your menus don't pop up instantaneous there's something
wrong with your OS installation, I only have seen Panther installations
(and I did quite a few) that don't suffer of these things.
BTW, all the time that the true multitasking saves you would even make
up with the 0.1 seconds you're loosing elsewhere, don't I still would
start by running DiskWarrior...

Robert Benschop