[NTLK] Newton GPS Map Making

From: Michael Briley (mike_at_maxwell.phys.uwosh.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 12:14:41 PST

Hi Everyone,

Last week there were some requests for tips and/or instructions
for how to make map containers appropriate to GPS Map and GPS
Map Lite. Well, I've had a little time and written up pretty
much what I did to make my lovely map of Oshkosh Wisconsin,
including some screen shots and sample code. You can have a look
at www.phys.uwosh.edu/mike/newt-maps.html. It's very basic and
at this point only covers making a 4-bit single piece map for
my MP2000U. I'll add more as I try to make some different kinds
of maps.

Gerd Staudenmaier, the author of GPS Map and the map making
software, has also graciously given me permission to mirror the
GPS Map site and its downloads at www.phys.uwosh.edu/mike/gps
(he no longer has access to the original site although the contents
are still online for the time being). That way we can be sure
this stuff will be available for a long long time.

Cheers,
-Mike

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html