Re: [NTLK] Newton MAME

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 05:33:51 PST

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:58:46 -0000, Gareth S. Long wrote:
> So, I guess what I'm asking is has anyone tried to do this? If not I'll
> give it a go.

Might I say that this would be extremely, extremely, extremely cool?

> I design mobile phones by day, and the 2100 is still more capable than any
> of the smartphones, which usually run a 120MHz ARM9 (for the OS) and a
> 39MHz ARM7 (for GSM etc).

Sounds like a very familiar setup ;) Would that company you work for be
located in Birmingham?

> Use of the keyboard or 'hot zones' on the screen for direction control
> is an idea, though I'd appreciate any ideas that you all may have.

Maybe it would be possible to hack together a small controller/joypad
which emulates the original Newton keyboard...

> Anyway, these are all thoughts. Let me know what you think!

If you need any information regarding hacking the low-level NewtonOS,
I'd be more that willing to help, and I'm sure that others doing Newton
reverse engineering feel the same.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html