Re: [NTLK] Newton MAME

From: Gareth S. Long (gatch_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 07:33:15 PST

> I have a Yopy, and the most used app is xMame. I suppose you're
the
> person to thank for so many hours of fun. Thanks!!

When I started, the MAME core changes for ARM were largely related to
the handling of misaligned word/longword accesses. I was doing this
around the same time the MacMAME guys were handling endianness issues.
The MAME team has a large number of very talented people, they should be
credited for starting off with a good code base to port from the
beginning!

> I've always wanted to design some kind of Joy-Pad for the newton,
How
> many keys are needed?

It depends on the game - the inputs required by each game are held in a
structure, which also describes what the types of the inputs are
(joystick or trackerball inputs, start buttons and fire buttons etc) so
they can be mapped to an attachable input device or dynamically added to
an area of the display.

> PS. How many people here is in the Mobile phones industry? I work
for
> Vitelcom Mobile Technology, Eckhart for Nokia, now Gareth (which
> company?),
> anybody else? I'm seeing some things in the new phones that look
like
> they
> were copied from the Newton UI.

I work at Sendo.