Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] macworld 04 pix

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 09:03:41 PST

MS has over $30 billion in cash and short term investments.

The $4 billion Apple has is not a lot when compared to Fortune 500
companies. If Apple didn't have that in the bank their stock would dump
to the floor, that reserve is cited as a primary reason for their stock
value every time an analyst says its a good deal.

Sure, Apple ought to pay its people more than anyone else, but fact is
they can't. Other PC companies and other software developers have more
money than Apple, and Apple can't stand to lose its people.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html