Re: [NTLK] GPRS service from T-mobile for free

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 11:37:45 PST

On Jan 14, 2004, at 4:24 AM, Steve Weyer wrote:
<snip>
> T-mobile internet package provides regular http: access via GPRS. I
> assumed WAP wouldn't work for me unless it'll do regular file transfers
> from any http: server (not just custom WAP pages).
I can browse regular old web sites(not just wap ones) from the PBG4 via
the wap.voicestream.com APN...

> it is possible to pay by-the-byte with T-Mobile (and other US services)
> but I didn't want to have to worry about that while I'm developing and
> testing apps.
According to the T-mobile rep I will only have the minutes I am
connected deducted from my regular plan, which is great since my wife
never comes close to using all her minutes.

> the $10 flat fee is on top of regular monthly fee for voice minutes.
I am not paying any additional fee to use this setup. I just called
the T-mobile service dept and asked them to enable WAP browsing on my
phone and then waited 3 hours for the service to come on.

As I said you could try changing your APN to wap.voicestream.com and if
that seems to meet your needs, if so you could save the $10 per month.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html