Re: [NTLK] Newton Geek Factor

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 11:51:22 PST

I WILL whip my newton out in a heartbeat no matter where i am and for any reason. on the train going to and from work daily. i wont even go to lunch without putting my rippoff pouch on my hip and heading out. i actually will pullitout quicker if i see one of those smaller palmlike pdas. i like making them look up and wonder what i got ;-)

nerd and proud of it,

LAG

David Deranian <deranian_at_mac.com> wrote:
Hi Everyone-

Here's a quick question for some of you more seasoned Newton users. How
many of you use your Newton in public places like a retail store? For
instance, how many of you pull out your Newton in a store to log a
purchase into PocketMoney while you're still standing at the checkout
counter? And if you don't do that because it's inconvenient or too
"geek-like", what strategy do you use for entering data into your
Newton on a daily basis? Do you save up your receipts in paper form,
then enter them into your Newton at the end of the day? Or do you wait
until the end of the week?

Just curious how other folks integrate their Newton into their
day-to-day routine out on the street.