Re: [NTLK] NewtSync

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 16:07:43 PST

Hi Thomas, well I have just spent 45 mins getting my 2100 MP to connect
directly to an iBook using Ethernet, and sync'd with the iBook.

Starting with the iBook, you need to go to System Preferences, and
click on Network. Then click on Show: and go to Built-in Ethernet. Set
Configure IPv4, (You can see a screen shot of this setting at this
address: http://www.thisiswhatwedo.com/network.gif ) to Manually, and
set the IP address to 192.168.1.7 , and make sure AppleTalk is
turned while you are there, click on AppleTalk to check. Then hit the
apply button, bottom right, and close the preferences pane.

On your Newton, go to Internet set up, and choose Ethernet. Go to the
Configuration option, and choose Manually. And insert the IP address
192.168.1.1 into the Local IP Address option, and the Subnet Mask
option should be 255.255.255.1 then close that slip.

In NetSync Make sure you connect Via TCP/IP and under IP Address put in
192.168.1.7 this is the address we gave to your Mac if you remember.

And that should be you sorted, well it does assume a lot, like you have
the Newton internet enabler, which I think is basically the IP stack
for the Newton OS, anyway try it and post back with your results. If
you get stuck, and you use iChat, then I can be found most days at
aksolanki_at_mac.com

All the best,

Anil.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html