Re: [NTLK] NewtSync

From: Thomas Hart (those_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 06:31:17 PST

OK,
        I am getting a little desperate. I did what I was told, set my
built-in ethernet to manual, entered 192.168.1.7 as the IPv4 config.
AppleTalk is on. ON the Newton I set the Internet Setup to IP:
192.168.1.1 and the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.1. I entered the
manually entered IP from my Mac into the connect to field in NewtSync
on the Newton. Then I hit the synchronize button and hold my breath....

        Damn!

        Where the info tells me an IP address should show up (lower left
corner of the NewtSync window on the Mac) I get what looks like an IPv6
address or something like that, letters, numbers and many of them. The
Mac says "connecting to Newton". Over on the Newton side of things I
hit connect, choose my ethernet slip and then.... all it says is
waiting for Mac and it does this forever! no synching to speak of.

        What else do I need to do. I am willing to accept all manner of abuse
at this point so long as it results in the Newton having the same
information in the address and date book as my PowerBook. No firewalls
are on, no p2p software running, nothing but NewtSync and the Finder.
No special port set up (15552, which I tried but no joy there either).
I am running OS X 10.3.2. Is anyone using NewtSync with success? Can
you screen capture everything you do and send it to me? with explicit,
moron proof instructions?

Thanks,

Tom

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html