Re: [NTLK] Note size

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 12:29:10 PST

On 16/01/04 15:14, "oliver.brose_at_t-online.de" <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de>
wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:11:47 -0500
>> From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
>>
>> However, be aware that if your note gets big, you might have problems when
>> you try to backup your Newton. I had problems with one note and had to cut
>> it down so that my backup would work. I then decided to get rid of BigNotes
>> as there is obviously a reason why the limit is 8KB...
>
> "So that my backup would work" as in "to make the Newton back it all up"? Does
> the Newt say you have to cut the notes? I have Big Notes installed and take it
> to the max all the time with untranslated handwritten notes, but never had a
> backup problem due to it.

No, the Newton won't even suggest to cut down the note. In my case, I
discovered it after noticing that the backup was always failing while
backing up notes. I then thought a little bit about what I have done since
the last time I had a successful backup and then remembered BigNotes. When
to my "big" notes and started trimming it down. Then, I tried backing up and
it finally succeeded. I then proceeded to delete the BigNotes package. Never
had any problem after that...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html