Re: [NTLK] How to secure data? (was Re: Newton Geek Factor)

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 12:37:05 PST

WELL I dont know about ed but i take my newton everywhere in my ripoff pouch which hangs on my hip. it is setup to ask for my unlock code to get into it and once u get into it i use geeksafe to keep all my passwords and accounts locked up tight. i dont leave my newton anywhere except maybe at mmy dads and he already has tried to get in and failed. so i feel quite secure.

LAG

Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:
on 1/14/04 7:02 PM, DJ Vollkasko at DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net wrote:

> Ed, how do you secure the data on your Newt?

I was thinking the same thing... Also, what would you do if you lost it?

I used to use my Newton and case for literally everything. I left it behind
in a couple stores, and started rethinking my strategy, and pulled
everything out, and started _very_ regular backups to a card, and just a few
short weeks later, it got stolen! I was very happy that I no longer used my
Newton as my wallet... I would never do that again... Do you really feel
safe with this arrangement?