Re: [NTLK] Error when tapping Notes in Names: viewClass??? repost

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 13:51:18 PST

>> Sorry for reposting - but I seem to have seen people do that
>> occasionally when there were no responses?
>>
>> Can anyone figure out what I can do to make my notes-in-Names open
>> for editing? I can see everything by scrolling, but cannot open. I
>> can add a new note to a note-less namecard; such a new note will
>> re-open for editing.
>

>i can't tell you. but i can say that i have the same problem, only with
>a few name files. tapping on an existing note entry for the name card
>causes the same error. perhaps a run-thru with SBM Utils or something
>would help. if i find anything i will let you know.
>
>st

The only thing I can suggest is looking at it with a soup editor and see if
you can see anything odd in the note area of the names that give you this
error. If you duplicate one that does not let you open the notes area, can
you open the duplicate? If you can then just keep the duplicates and delete
the originals. If you still can't then go in with a soup editor and look at
the last entry, it should be the duplicate. Perhaps you will see something
odd you can delete. If not you should be able to delete the notes slot from
those entries and that should fix them.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html