Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth cards?

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 12:54:46 PST

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:37:05 -0800, Martin Joseph wrote:
> I direct this to Eckhart...

Good idea ;)

> I see that there are a bunch of PCMCIA type II cards (branded IBM)
> available on Ebay for about $30.00. The link to one is below.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=3453952912&category=3710
>
> Do you think you could guess as to whether this is a likely candidate
> for Blunt compatibility?

I think they won't work... somebody has tried them before, and got no
results. A good clue is the kind of Linux driver a card uses, it can be
checked from this page:

http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/devices.html

The btuart_cs, hci_uart and bt950_cs cards are good candidates.

> I really want to get a bluetooth setup or my Newt, but I can't find the
> Pico brand here in Seattle.

If you have the opportunity to "test-buy" cards (Fry's is good for that
- get the card, run the test from Bluetooth Setup and return it if it
won't work), the Air2Net/AmbiCom BT2000 CF cards look interesting.
Cheap and low power.

> I am still kind of hoping for the built in
> thing :~)

Oh, I'm hoping for that as well! I'm going to order two modules quite
soon and try my hardware hacking skills :)

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html