Re: [NTLK] Newton and BlueTooth--why?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 19:40:43 PST

On Jan 21, 2004, at 12:23 PM, John Osborne wrote:

<snip>
> What does a theoretical
> BT capability for the Newton get me that isn't solved by other forms of
> connection (serial, tcp/ip (wired and unwired))? I doubt my BT keyboard
> would work with the Newton because there doesn't exist the appropriate
> driver on the Newton. I'm mainly trying to get my mind around this
> discussion since I have a very minimal knowledge of BT. I'm sure a BT
> capability for the Newton would be cool technically, but does it solve
> any particular communication problems?TIA
> <snip>

I am thinking it would allow me to use my wifes cell phone via GPRS for
interenet connectivity, when am away from my home wireless network.

  Also as potential for Desktop connection utilities that already
support serial on OSX ie Escale to use the bluetooth on my mac as a
wireless serial port (it does this), and then the newt doing the
same... This isn't really unique tough either).

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html