Re: [NTLK] HELP!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 14:07:03 PST

Bret,

OK, the only difference I have with my manual setup is that I have a domain
entered. I don't know if that could be a problem, though.

Now, what is the "Home Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE"? A worksite in the Owner Info
application? If not, you have to set it in the worksite you're currently
using in Owner Info.

Is your channel really set for 11? I don't know if that matters, but mine is
set to 1, but the setting also says "ignored" and I can't change it, the
popup is disabled.

Finally, how do you know that there is no connection with your router?
Because you can't connect to your iBook? Did you turn on AppleTalk in the
network preferences? Do you launch NCU before trying to connect from your
Newton? Are the NCU preferences set to use AppleTalk and *NOT* serial?

Your Lucent card should have 2 LEDs on it, one when power is on and one when
it sends data. Do you see any activity from these LED when you tap "Connect"
in the Dock on your Newton?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html