Re: [NTLK] HELP!

From: Bret Feinblatt (bafein_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 17:52:09 PST

On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 05:07 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> OK, the only difference I have with my manual setup is that I have a
> domain
> entered. I don't know if that could be a problem, though.
Seems unlikely.

> Now, what is the "Home Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE"? A worksite in the Owner
> Info
> application? If not, you have to set it in the worksite you're
> currently
> using in Owner Info.

Yeah, that's what it is - the Home Worksite.

> Is your channel really set for 11? I don't know if that matters, but
> mine is
> set to 1, but the setting also says "ignored" and I can't change it,
> the
> popup is disabled.

I set it to 11 because the option in Airport (the iBook's "Create
Network" Airport option) says "11 (automatic)." Also, that's what the
NetGear settings say.

I originally wasn't able to set it in the Newton, but I changed the
Mode settings from Infrastructure to one of the others, and it let me
change it then.

> Finally, how do you know that there is no connection with your router?
> Because you can't connect to your iBook? Did you turn on AppleTalk in
> the
> network preferences? Do you launch NCU before trying to connect from
> your
> Newton? Are the NCU preferences set to use AppleTalk and *NOT* serial?

I turned on AppleTalk, and File Sharing. I launched NCU first. The NCU
prefs are set for AppleTalk.

> Your Lucent card should have 2 LEDs on it, one when power is on and
> one when
> it sends data. Do you see any activity from these LED when you tap
> "Connect"
> in the Dock on your Newton?

Yeah, I see the LEDs blink, and after a moment get the message that the
connection failed.

--
The more people I meet, the more I like cats.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html